Preparation for the Sacrament of First Reconciliation is a family affair, involving parents and students. You can download a PDF file of the Registration Form here: Sacrament Registration Form 14-15. Contact Anne Morrison, Elementary Coordinator at 678-854-9989.
First Reconciliation Student preparation
Preparation is offered to students age 7 and older. At the direction of the Archbishop, the following guidelines for sacramental preparation are necessary. These guidelines will help ensure thorough and appropriate preparation of your children for the sacraments.
- Student must be baptized Catholic (certificate on file in Faith Formation office).
- Student must be registered in St. Mary Magdalene parish.
- Student must be registered in regular Faith Formation classes (Sunday, Monday or Tuesday ) or attending a parochial school program.
- Student must have been enrolled in a parish Faith Formation program or parochial school program for at least one year prior to the current year.
In addition to their regular religious education class there is one special Faith Formation Reconciliation class which meet on a Saturday morning. You can download a PDF file of the Registration Form here. A copy of Baptismal Certificate must be attached to the sacramental registration form if not already on file in our Faith Formation Office.
Parents/guardians of children preparing for this sacrament will also attend simultaneous Parent Sessions during these formation sessions. Child care is available for siblings upon request.
Parent Topics will include:
- History of the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Theology of the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Faith and Moral Development of Children
- General Information Meeting Including Guidelines
- The Forgiving Family