The Welcome Ministers usually are the initial contact before each Mass at our
church.. Reach out to everyone with a Warm, loving, and inviting greeting sharing
the peace and joy of Jesus Christ with each and every person young and old
entering Saint Mary Magdalene.
The Welcome Greeting
Extend a generous and cordial reception before and after each mass connecting
current parishioners and visitors as well as those seeking a deeper parish
community involvement with descriptive information pertaining to the various
ministries and the SMM Parish as a whole.
In most cases we are the initial contact at our Church and need to make sure that
people feel welcome and comfortable. SMM has no strangers, only new friends
and always with a smile and greeting of kind words. Sometimes a handshake and
even a hug will make a tremendous difference for a person’s day, week or life.
Encourage all to become part of our faith community as we all worship together
in the home of Jesus Christ.
Extend a hospitable goodbye, best wishes for a nice day and that it was nice to
have you here with us.
Activities and Involvement
- Parish Ambassadors – familiarize New Parishioners and Families with the
parish activities and ministries
- Ministry Fair – participate in the Fair
- Parish picnic – greeters, collect tickets and name tag pinning
- Host new Parishioners Socials-Organize and invite all New Parishioners
- Advent Party- Organize Party as a team effort
- Loaves of Love Administrate New Parishioner program
- Special Welcome calls Calling to Welcome New Parishioners