Due to illness, we regret to inform you, there will be no masses this weekend, and no confessions, Friday, January 7, 2022 or Saturday, January 8, 2022. There will be adoration, Friday evening.
The purpose of the Elijah Cup Program is to encourage families to pray and promote vocations to the Priesthood and Religious Life. When we pray for vocations, we lift up to our Father those men and women whom He is calling to follow Him in a very special way. We are able to accommodate two families per week. A Signup genius is available with the following link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0F4AAFA728AA8-elijah
The 15th Annual Knights of Columbus Golf Tournament scheduled for Friday, October 8th 2021, at the Summer Grove Golf Club has been CANCELLED do to inclement weather conditions. It has been RESCHEDULED for Friday, November 5th 2021 at the Summer Grove Golf Club. Registration at 8:00 AM, Shotgun start at 10:00 AM. Hope to see you there !!
All are welcome to join us! Mass at Noon will be outside and seating for 150 will be provided. You are welcome to bring your own camping chairs or quilts. After the Mass, we will have our parish picnic. Tickets for the picnic include one meal and one dessert ticket per person to be redeemed at the various food trucks that will be onsite. We will have lots of activities for both young and old! Donations of water, tea, or lemonade as well as sponsorships of food and/or activities are welcomed. This event will take place rain or shine. Please RSVP online using this link: https://www.osvhub.com/st-mary-magdalene-cath-church-1/forms/2021-st-mary-magdalene-parish-picnic
Please plan to join us for the CCW Welcome Back Luncheon on Sunday, September 12. We will attend the noon mass together, honor our Woman of the Year, Mrs. Laura Rogers, and then we will meet at the Summer Grove Town Hall by 1:30. There, we will enjoy a lunch catered by Chicken Salad Chick and hear from local author Annie Singh-Quern. There are other surprises in store, so we hope you’ll make time to join us for our annual kickoff event! Click the link below to purchase tickets for you and friends. Please direct any questions to Kathy Hoffman (email@example.com) or Monique Haskins (firstname.lastname@example.org), or ask members of our Board this weekend after all masses.
Per Archdiocesan requirements anyone who volunteers with minors (17 or under) or the vulnerable need to complete Virtus-Saving God’s Children training, as well as a background screening.
To be Safe Environment compliant a person must have passed a background screening through the Archdiocese of Atlanta and attended a live three (3) hour VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children (PGC) training session.
Virtus-Protecting God’s Children
This is a 3 hour training class that is given at churches around the Archdiocese. There is a training here at St. Mary Magdalene on Tuesday, September 7, from 6 pm to 9 pm.
Please sign up for a class by following the directions below. If these dates above are not convenient for you, please search for other classes/locations during the “Begin Registration Process” process.
To sign up for Virtus – Protecting God’s Children for Adults trainings:
Go to www.virtusonline.org
Click on First Time Registrant tab
Click “Begin Registration Process”
Select as your organization – Atlanta, GA (Archdiocese)
Create User ID and Password
When prompted, choose St. Mary Magdalene as your volunteer location
Scroll down until you see the date of the class you want to attend
Click on small circle next to date and confirm registration
Virtus trainings are good for 5 years.
GROW IN YOUR ABILITY TO WITNESS THE FAITH AND IMPACT THE CHURCH
Join catechists, volunteers, faith formation and ministry leaders, and dedicated parents across the southeast at the FREE Southeast Catechist Conference. With 9 participating dioceses and nearly 90 presentations in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese, this is going to be a powerful virtual gathering equipping you to be a strong evangelist and witness of your Catholic Faith.
The event goes August 12-15.
To learn more talk to your parish faith formation and evangelization team or visit our registration page at: go.virtualcatholicconference.com/SCC2021
To view the Conference program click here.
God is calling you to serve as a Catechist (or teacher) for our youth in Faith Formation, 1st – 8th Your gifts and talents are needed to help form our young disciples in the faith. You may feel unworthy or underprepared; that’s ok! We’re all unworthy and we have a good team here that will help you to be a great Catechist. Please respond to his Call with a yes! Contact our Faith Formation department to sign up.
2021 Summer Mission
The week of July 11 – 14 was a busy one for SMM youth and core team members. Since we were still limited on travel for summer mission work, we decided to participate in local charitable works. Fifteen of us lived out the theological virtues of Faith, Hope and Charity by serving our parish, our community, and our world.
* We assisted in our parish Patriotic Music program.
* We worked on building walls and re-designing the Children’s department at the Clothes Less Traveled thrift store in Peachtree City.
* We clothed, wrote prayers and prayed over 50 stuffed animals (donated by Clothes Less Traveled) for Mission Snuggle. The stuffed toys are distributed by members of Mission Snuggle to a wide variety of local and worldwide agencies who encounter children dealing with struggles and/or trauma.
* We cleaned a large number of hand tools for Tools for Empowerment, sponsored by the Salesians Missions. The Salesian Missionaries are dedicated to caring for poor children throughout the globe in more than 130 countries. The tools enable poor families to be self-reliant and provide a way for them to make a living for themselves.
* Along with the CCW from SMM, we prepared bulk rice and canned vegetables for distribution at the Midwest Food Bank in Peachtree City.
* We entertained residence at the Benton House care home.
* We did yard work for a parishioner with health issues.
* We made 150 sandwiches that were sent to the St. Francis Table soup kitchen at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Atlanta.
* We ended the week with Mass on Wednesday followed by Eucharistic Adoration. We would like to thank Fr. Terry and our Music Ministry for making our time with Jesus so special by accompanying us with inspirational reflective music and prayer.