Preparation for the Sacrament of First Eucharist is an entire family affair, involving parents and students. Contact Kathy Kelly-Huey, Director of Faith Formation/Elementary Coordinator at 770-253-5668.
First Eucharist Student preparation
Preparation is offered to students age 7 and older. At the direction of the Archbishop, the following guidelines for First Eucharist preparation are necessary. These guidelines will help ensure thorough and appropriate preparation of your children for these sacraments.
- Student must be baptized Catholic (certificate on file in Faith Formation office).
- Student must be registered in St Mary Magdalene parish.
- Student must be registered in regular Faith Formation classes (Sunday, Monday or Tuesday) or attending a parochial school program
- Student must have been enrolled in a parish Faith Formation program or parochial school program for at least one year prior to the current year.
In addition to their regular religious education classes there is one special First Eucharist formation class that will gather on a Saturday morning. You can here: Sacrament Registration Form 14-15. A copy of Baptismal certificate must be attached to the sacramental registration form if not already on file in our Faith Formation Office.
Parents/guardians of children preparing for this sacrament will also attend simultaneous Parent Sessions during these formation sessions. Child care is available for siblings upon request.
Parent Topics will include:
- History of the Sacrament of Eucharist
- Theology of the Sacrament of Eucharist
- General Information Meeting and Video
- Faith and Moral Development of Children
- Question and Answer Session
- Banner Making Night