God is calling you to serve as a Catechist (or teacher) for our youth in Faith Formation, 1st – 8th Your gifts and talents are needed to help form our young disciples in the faith. You may feel unworthy or underprepared; that’s ok! We’re all unworthy and we have a good team here that will help you to be a great Catechist. Please respond to his Call with a yes! Contact our Faith Formation department to sign up.
2021 Summer Mission
The week of July 11 – 14 was a busy one for SMM youth and core team members. Since we were still limited on travel for summer mission work, we decided to participate in local charitable works. Fifteen of us lived out the theological virtues of Faith, Hope and Charity by serving our parish, our community, and our world.
* We assisted in our parish Patriotic Music program.
* We worked on building walls and re-designing the Children’s department at the Clothes Less Traveled thrift store in Peachtree City.
* We clothed, wrote prayers and prayed over 50 stuffed animals (donated by Clothes Less Traveled) for Mission Snuggle. The stuffed toys are distributed by members of Mission Snuggle to a wide variety of local and worldwide agencies who encounter children dealing with struggles and/or trauma.
* We cleaned a large number of hand tools for Tools for Empowerment, sponsored by the Salesians Missions. The Salesian Missionaries are dedicated to caring for poor children throughout the globe in more than 130 countries. The tools enable poor families to be self-reliant and provide a way for them to make a living for themselves.
* Along with the CCW from SMM, we prepared bulk rice and canned vegetables for distribution at the Midwest Food Bank in Peachtree City.
* We entertained residence at the Benton House care home.
* We did yard work for a parishioner with health issues.
* We made 150 sandwiches that were sent to the St. Francis Table soup kitchen at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Atlanta.
* We ended the week with Mass on Wednesday followed by Eucharistic Adoration. We would like to thank Fr. Terry and our Music Ministry for making our time with Jesus so special by accompanying us with inspirational reflective music and prayer.
“His disciples recalled the words of Scripture, Zeal for your house will consume me.”
Do we have zeal to honor God through our marriage?
The next in person virtual Worldwide Marriage Encounter weekend is
July 30-August 1
Location: Comfort Inn
2945A Lawrenceville – Suwanee Rd.
Suwanee, GA 30024
Our future events are scheduled as follow: September 24-26, November 5-7.
You can get more information or apply online at wwme.org or by calling 678.242.WWME.
For information on Encuentro Matrimonial Mundial see wwme.org/?lang=es.
GROW IN YOUR ABILITY TO WITNESS THE FAITH AND IMPACT THE CHURCH
Join catechists, volunteers, faith formation and ministry leaders, and dedicated parents across the southeast at the FREE Southeast Catechist Conference. With 9 participating dioceses and nearly 90 presentations in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese, this is going to be a powerful virtual gathering equipping you to be a strong evangelist and witness of your Catholic Faith.
The event goes August 12-15.
To learn more talk to your parish faith formation and evangelization team or visit our registration page at: go.virtualcatholicconference.com/SCC2021
To view the Conference program click here.
“…as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their want, so that their abundance may supply your want, that there may be equality.” – 2 CORINTHIANS 8:14
One of the tenants of living a grateful and generous lifestyle is giving without expecting anything in return. It is important that we not only grow, nurture and share our gifts; but that we also teach our children and encourage others to do the same. This is the communal aspect of our Catholic faith. We are the “Body of Christ”. We are called to be dependent on each other and not live in isolation.
“He asked them, ‘Why are you terrified? Do you not yet have faith?’” – MARK 4:40
Do you really trust God? Is God your first choice or last resort? Is your faith something you just do on Sunday or do you live the Gospel message every day of the week? Many of us know about God. How many of us have a personal relationship with Him? Start now, open your heart to receive our Lord. Talk and listen to Him throughout the day, in all circumstances.
Per Archdiocesan requirements anyone who volunteers with minors (17 or under) or the vulnerable need to complete Virtus-Saving God’s Children training, as well as a background screening.
Virtus-Protecting God’s Children
This is a 3 hour training class that is given at churches around the Archdiocese. There is a training here at St. Mary Magdalene on Saturday, June 26 from 9 am – noon.
Please sign up for a class by following the directions below. If these dates above are not convenient for you, please search for other classes/locations during the “Begin Registration Process” process.
To sign up for Virtus – Protecting God’s Children for Adults trainings:
Go to www.virtusonline.org
Click on First Time Registrant tab
Click “Begin Registration Process”
Select as your organization – Atlanta, GA (Archdiocese)
Create User ID and Password
When prompted, choose St. Mary Magdalene as your volunteer location
Scroll down until you see the date of the class you want to attend
Click on small circle next to date and confirm registration
Virtus trainings are good for 5 years.